Friday, November 16, 2007

Calculated Date Fields

I've run into an issue with calculated Date fields.
I have a field called "Start Date", and a calculated Field called "Event Date".
The value for "Event Date" is simple: =[Start Date]
Don't ask me why i have two fields that do the same thing, i can't remember anymore.

The problem is this: When i view the fields on a normal sharepoint view, the two fields are the same. When get the fields in a Data View, or in an RSS feed, the "Event Date" field is one day earlier than the "start date"!!!!!

I have no idea what is going on. I could set event date to be equal to Start Date+1, which is OK for Data views and RSS feeds, but will be wrong in the normal SharePoint views. I'm tempted to delete and re-create the field, but I have a sick feeling it'll just break something else.

No comments: