Friday, November 16, 2007

SharePoint Features and Failures

I've been working with SharePoint for the past 3 years or so, and I've found blogs to be one of the best resources out there. It's time for me to give back. I've been meaning to start one of these up for a while, and today is the day. I've run into one of those SharePoint gotchas, and I need a break from it.

This blog isn't going to be about showing off sharepoint's features. There are plenty of those, and for most people (well, me at least) they aren't that useful. I can figure out how to use the goodies that it gives us. I'm more interested in finding solutions to all the places that SharePoint will fail you.

As a SharePoint consultant, customers ask for solutions, and I think of ways to do things. Often, there are ways to make things work, but because I haven't had the chance to use a feature, I just assume it will work. This blog will be about all the places that features don't work as you might have expected them to.

This blog will also be about random bugs I've found, and hopefully, solutions to those problems. I'd like to be able to go back and post all the things I've found over the past few years, but my brain has blocked some of them out. I'll post new things I find, and anything else I can remember. Stay tuned!

No comments: